Monday, June 9, 2014

We have lift off on the modern medallion!


I've joined the Modern Medallion quilt along.

There will be five or so borders. The first step is a medallion for the middle.

It's wonky and you draw your own take on a New York beauty.

I'm thrilled that I now have my four 12" quarters finished - the medallion.

 

I did have  crisis of confidence for a bit, seeing all the amazing colours and variations. But I thought I'd stick to my guns and go ahead with my original idea - orange, turquoise and black and white.

Some of the other versions that I'm loving have pink and green, grays, or lovely low volume prints with brights.

Here's some close ups. I'm trying a great lime green batik as a border.

 


Stay tuned for the next instalment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...