I've made 79 of these nine patch blocks now. Accuracy is the big thing for me. I've been so frustrated because the blocks haven't all been perfect - no matter how perfectly I cut, sew the quarter inch seam and press. I've finally worked out the missing link. Take out the pin holding the rows together just before sewing. It makes it so much straighter and the blocks are now turning out exactly eight inches square!
I've worked out that these quilts will need 60 of these nine patch blocks. I've finished my first 60 and they're all pinned together in groups of 10 (so I don't need to keep counting them). Now to finish the next 60.
When I sort out Ben's clothes I plunk them in a basket just inside his bedroom door. I noticed this morning he's made a sign - clothes on hold (more room needed in closet). He's always been fantastic at knowing when to use brackets!
Love this family photo that surfaced over Christmas. My dad is second from the left. His little brother Brenton in the cowboy outfit. Another little brother Rod standing behind the cowboy, and his sister Barbara next in line. They all still look just the same!