Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two weeks in

We're two weeks in to a month without the kids. My parents took them on a road trip through Victoria and South Australia, and up to the Northern Territory. It's so quiet without them. I still find myself waking up and thinking that they're asleep in the other rooms. Or thinking that I hear them stirring in the middle of the night.

I rang the kids last night. Ben said he was looking forward to going out at night with grandad and a torch and ripping the heads off grasshoppers. Alice has a grasshopper plague (it's been ongoing for a while) and they're eating mum and dad's fruit trees and vege garden. Ben said it's fun. At night, they're immobile, and Ben and Andrew say they catch at least 50 each.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, thanks for your kind comment on my log cabin blocks - the first time, but not the last, that I make log cabins - they're so much fun!
    I hope you're not missing your boys too much - they'll be back home before you know it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...