Monday, February 27, 2012

Bread

One of my lurkers - you know who you are - has asked for my bread recipe. My oldest son makes this once or twice a week and it makes a good breakfast. I also take a slice to work, instead of buying a muffin. And if it's a nut-free version I also add it to the boys' lunch boxes.

In the bread maker add 320ml of water (11 liquid ounces), four cups of (plain or bakers) flour and one and three-quarter tea spoons of dry yeast. Add a tablespoon of oil. Once the bread maker tells you it's time, add two cups of anything you like. I mix up chia seeds, linseeds, sultanas, dried apricots, dates, walnuts, cranberries, sunflower seeds, quinoa. I don't need to soak or cook the quinoa first. It softens up beautifully just in the kneading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...