Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Xmas quilting part 2

This break, I've also been working on my Riley Blake challenge - already blogged about this. I've started hand quilting what will be a cushion. I'm planning to use the selvages as well on the back of the cushion. I'll piece the back with all the little left over pieces.

And, in the spirit of getting things done, I've made such a good inroad into my Oh Deer quilt. We spent Christmas in Adelaide last year. Mum's present to me was to go quilt fabric shopping while we were on holiday. We went to Brighton and the present I chose was an Oh Deer layer cake.

I wonder whether I started the quilt exactly a year after mum bought the layer cake for me. It was certainly between Christmas and New Year. I've so enjoyed this - and the border ideas came together really well.

The top border is a foundation-pieced bird that I adapted from a paper-pieced bird pattern free on a McCalls' site on the web. And I'm making wonky flying geese around the other three sides of the quilt. So much fabric still to play with, it's wonderful!












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...