Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Xmas quilting

I have just a few days off over Christmas - New Year this time round. I'm due back at work tomorrow, so my quilting has been on overdrive.

Since 24 December, I've downloaded the free motion quilting lesson from Angela Walters from Craftsy - she's at @angelafmq. And the next day I practised the technique on a funny old quilt - I won eight blocks in a quilt raffle in my old quilt group in Sydney - and they're not really to my taste.

Fortunately, you can't really see the quilting. But there were times when I was happy with it, and it was so wonderful to get this quilted in just a few hours, practicing a few techniques on the video.

I also finished my octagonal orb quilt. It's now folded and ready to go to the machine quilter.

I worked on this from May to December - soooo long! But I'm thrilled with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...